Product placements are all around you, even if you don’t notice them. While many people subscribe to premium streaming services in order to avoid ads, product placements are built into lots of movies and TV shows, from Emily on Emily in Paris wearing Zeus + Dione to The Home Edit using products from The Container Store.
Click here to read the story at morningbrew.com.
- What is product placement?
- Why would a brand be interested in product placement?
- Why would a movie, show, music video or game allow product placement?
- Is all product placement paid?
- Can you think of an example of a brand you have seen in a music video, movie, TV show or game? What was it?
- Based on information from this story, what result did Buick see with their product placement in HBO’s series Big Little Lies?
- What makes product placement effective?
- According to this news story, why is the product placement business growing?
- Is there any risk associated from product placement for a brand? What about for a film, show, game or any other entertainment platform?
- If you were a brand, would you pursue product placement strategies? Why or why not?