There is a lot to root for in horse racing. There are the horses, naturally, and they rightfully command the most attention as the main attraction. But each racehorse has an entire village behind it, and many of the people who help get a racehorse to the winner’s circle have become stars in their own right. Passionate and driven jockeys, cerebral and clever trainers, brash and colorful owners; horse racing has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to big personalities.
Click here to read the story at americasbestracing.net.
- According to this news story, how has COVID-19 impacted the esports industry?
- Why do you think that is the case?
- What is competition for the entertainment dollar?
- How might this story illustrate the concept of competition for entertainment dollars?
- Why might it be difficult to measure the current state of the horse racing industry right now?
- How is this news story suggesting Twitch could help revolutionize horse racing?
- Do you agree with the theory? Why or why not?