And where is that? Why, on the launch of HBO’s near $200M Game of Thrones spinoff series, House of the Dragon, premiering this Sunday on both the linear pay-TV channel and streaming service HBO Max.
Click here to read the story at deadline.com.
- What is a franchise as it relates to the entertainment industry?
- Is ‘Game of Thrones’ a franchise?
- What is a brand?
- Is ‘Game of Thrones’ a brand? Why or why not?
- What is fandom?
- Are there different levels of fandom? How would you describe the ‘Game of Thrones’ fandom?
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who might represent direct and indirect competition to HBO?
- Why is original programming important to a company like HBO?
- Why do you think HBO is reportedly spending a record $100M on the marketing of ‘House of the Dragon’?
- Based on information from this story, what is one example of how HBO has marketed the new series?
- What is cross promotion?
- What is one example of a ‘House of the Dragon’ cross promotion, based on information from this news story?
- Do you think more people will sign up for HBO Max a result of the marketing blitz? Why or why not?