If there’s one thing we know about sports in 2021, it’s that there will be sports in 2021. (Well, more sports than we’ve already had in the past week. Go, Bills!) 2020 made sure of that. If the NFL and college football — in which 22 competitors breathe heavily into one another’s faces for three hours — can complete their seasons in the middle of a rampaging pandemic, absolutely nothing will stop them from doing so in the future.
Click here to read the story at nymag.com.
- What is event management?
- What differentiates a major event like the Summer Olympics from smaller scale events like a regular season NBA game?
- What challenges will organizers of the Summer Games face from an event management perspective?
- Why do you think the Olympic Games are important to the city of Tokyo?
- How do you think the Olympic Games generate revenue?
- Why is revenue important to the Olympic Games?
- How might the pandemic impact Olympic Games’ organizers ability to generate revenue?
- In your opinion, will the Summer Games actually happen? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers.