Prepare for a lot more “Avatar.”
The sequel to the 2009 hit, “Avatar: The Way of Water,” is currently taking the box office by storm, surpassing “Top Gun: Maverick” this week to be the biggest 2022 release at the worldwide box office with $1.5 billion.
Click here to read the story at business insider.com.
- What is a film franchise?
- Is Avatar a franchise?
- According to the headline of this news story, ‘Avatar 2’ has been successful enough for 3 more movies. Why do you think the film needed to be successful for another film?
- Why do you think they feel this is enough for three more movies?
- How will the success of Avatar impact Disney’s business?
- How might it impact Disney’s business?
- What is a toy-ready film?
- How might Avatar represent an example of toy-ready films?
- What is licensing?
- How might licensing provide a massive revenue opportunity for Disney as it relates to Avatar?
- If a company wanted to use Avatar’s name, logo, or characters for products, would they need a license?
- Who would represent the licensor in that type of transaction? Who would be the licensee?