Hipgnosis Songs Capital has closed its deal to buy 100% of Justin Bieber‘s publishing, as well as his artist royalties from his master recordings and neighboring rights, Hipgnosis has confirmed.
Click here to read the story at billboard.com.
- What is licensing?
- What are royalties?
- Why is licensing important in entertainment business?
- Who is Hipgnosis?
- Why would they want to purchase the rights to Justin Bieber’s catalog of music?
- Why would Justin Bieber sell the rights to his music?
- What is negotiation?
- Why is negotiation an important part of the sales process?
- How do you think negotiation impacts deals like this one between a company (Hipgnosis) and artist (Bieber)?
- This news story suggests that Bieber’s catalog might be considered a riskier investment than an artist like Bruce Springsteen. Why is that and how did that perceived risk impact the sale price?