Lay’s has teamed with Grammy-nominated artist Anitta for a Latino TV spot, “Beat of Joy,” that features a remix of the Brazilian star’s hit song “Envolver,” per a press release. The effort is an extension of the Frito-Lay brand’s “Stay Golden” platform.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is market segmentation?
- What are the different ways a business or brand might segment a market?
- What is a demographic?
- What type of demographic information might businesses or brands consider when developing a marketing strategy?
- How would you describe Lay’s segmentation strategy based on what you learned in this news story?
- What demographic might they be hoping to reach with this campaign?
- What is influencer marketing?
- Who has Lay’s partnered with for this campaign?
- Why do you think they chose this particular artist for this campaign?
- What is potato electricity?
- Why do you think “potato electricity” was a component of this marketing campaign?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, how will Lay’s incorporate social media as part of this marketing campaign?
- Why do you think they chose those social media platforms for this campaign?