More than three months after the MLB lockout began on Dec. 2, it finally came to an end on Thursday.
How did we get here? Why did it take so long? Here’s a look back at the key moments in the negotiations between the owners and players on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is a labor dispute as it relates to the business of sports?
- What is the difference between a strike and a lockout?
- Why did MLB owners lockout its players?
- What is a negotiation?
- How might negotiation skills benefit someone looking to potentially pursue a career in sports?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important in sports during a labor dispute?
- Why was it important for MLB to resolve the dispute as soon as possible?
- What is fandom?
- How do you think baseball fans view the labor dispute? How does this relate to the concept of fandom?
- Do you think fan frustration might impact the league this season? Why or why not?
- Do you think there could be any long lasting implications for the league as a result of the lockout? Why or why not?