M&M’S says it’s renaming its candy Ma&Ya’s – or at least that’s what it would have consumers believe, per its latest teaser.
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Which might best describe M&Ms Super Bowl marketing campaign?
- What is publicity?
- Why is publicity important to a business or brand?
- How do you think businesses and brands generate publicity?
- Can publicity be both positive or negative? What is an example of each?
- What is a publicity stunt?
- Why do businesses and brands engage in publicity stunts?
- Do you think there are any risks associated with publicity stunts?
- Based on information from this story, describe this publicity stunt from M&Ms.
- Why do you think M&Ms launched this stunt?
- What does it have to do with the Super Bowl?
- What is crisis management?
- Why is it important to a business or brand?
- Do you think M&Ms has a crisis management strategy in place for its handling of the publicity surrounding the introduction of new characters? Why or why not? What might that strategy be?
- What is influencer marketing?
- Why do you think the brand chose to partner with Maya Rudolph for this campaign?