We have a name for the recently green-lit Manchester arena: Co-op Live, as Oak View Group (OVG) partners with Co-op, the largest consumer co-operative in the United Kingdom.
The Co-op has become a major player in the UK’s music scene, with pop-up shops at events like the Glastonbury Festival. It’s also synonymous with Manchester, opening its first offices there in 1863.
Click here to read the story at arenadigest.com.
- What are naming rights?
- Why do companies invest in naming rights deals?
- According to this story, what company is investing in the naming rights to the new arena in Manchester?
- How might the company benefit from this sponsorship investment?
- What steps are they taking with construction of the new arena to reduce their carbon footprint? Why is that important?
- Once the arena officially opens, how will they provide added value and benefits to “members” (ticket holders)? Why is that important?
- According to information from this story, how will construction of the new stadium benefit the local economy?