Ohio State needs $13 million through name, image and likeness deals to maintain its football roster beyond next season.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is NIL?
- How did NIL change the landscape of college athletics?
- How are NIL deals currently regulated?
- Do you think college athletes should be paid? Why or why not?
- How do you think NIL might evolve in the near future?
- Why does Ryan Day think OSU needs $13 million in NIL money to maintain the program’s current football roster?
- What is revenue?
- How do college football programs generate revenue?
- Do all college football programs generate the same amount of revenue?
- How might current NIL deals impact competitive balance in college football?
- How might the future of NIL impact that competitive balance? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.