The Seattle Seahawks are running another play from an evolving virtual fan engagement playbook, teaming with Microsoft once again, this time to connect fans in Microsoft Teams with players and coaches before a game.
The experience using the tech giant’s collaboration software is called Pregame Huddle, and allows a select group of fans to feel closer to the action as the Seahawks warm up at CenturyLink Field.
Click here to read the story at geekwire.com.
- What is fan engagement?
- Why is fan engagement for sports teams like the Seahawks?
- Do you think fan engagement strategies are even more important during the pandemic? Why or why not?
- Based on information from this story, describe the Microsoft and Seahawks “Pregame Huddle” program.
- Why do you think the Seahawks partnered with Microsoft for this initiative?
- How might the “Pregame Huddle” program boost levels of fan engagement?
- How can technology help improve the sports product?
- How can technology help a sports team or brand increase levels of fan engagement?