The end of Serena Williams’ glittering tennis career will have little to no impact on the American’s brand value and her earnings from endorsements could even surge post-retirement, industry experts told Reuters.
Click here to read the story at reuters.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Serena Williams a brand? Why or why not?
- How would you describe Serena’s brand?
- What is an endorsement as it relates to the business of sports and entertainment?
- How do you think businesses determine which athletes and celebrities to endorse their brand?
- Why do you think Serena is such a popular choice to endorse brands?
- How do you think retirement impacts the ability of most athletes to earn endorsement income?
- Why does the author of this story think Serena’s brand will remain strong even after she retires?
- In your opinion, how will retirement impact Serena’s appeal as a prospective brand endorser? Why?
- What is a brand extension?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what is an example of Serena’s brand extension?