The 1989 movie Back to the Future Part II predicted the creation of both Zoom and SlamBall. During a video call taking place in the year 2015, the biography of the character Needles appears on the screen and indicates that one of the sports he plays is called “slamball.”
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- What is SlamBall?
- What is an “alternative sports” market?
- What is a niche sport? How might that represent the concept of alternative sports?
- Why is the market “hot” right now?
- What is competition for entertainment dollars?
- How might this story represent an example of that concept?
- What challenges to sports like SlamBall face from a growth perspective?
- What can marketers do to help increase the popularity of SlamBall?
- What is a SWOT analysis?
- Conduct a SWOT analysis for SlamBall.