Last Friday, Taylor Swift’s “new” album Red (Taylor’s Version) set a Spotify record for most streams by a female artist (90.8 million) in a single day — even though the original version of Taylor Swift’s Red album was released in 2012. (Inc.colleague Justin Bariso recaps Swift’s decision nicely.)
Click here to read the story at inc.com.
- What is fandom?
- How does Taylor Swift benefit from fandom?
- In your opinion, how much of Taylor Swift’s success might be the result of good marketing over the years?
- How do you think some artists are able to generate such a loyal following among fans while others are not?
- Why is Taylor Swift re-releasing the album Red?
- What is publicity?
- According to this story, what brands are interesting in aligning with Taylor Swift?
- How have they tried to align the brand with her?
- Why might they be interested in becoming part of the conversation surrounding the re-release of Red?