Mark Tatum couldn’t do it.
The National Basketball Association’s deputy commissioner was asked to describe the league’s 2019-20 season in one word and found it too difficult.
Keep in mind, before the pandemic and social unrest plagued the world, the NBA lost two of its icons in former commissioner David Stern and Kobe Bryant.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is one example of a challenge the NBA faced this season?
- What is leadership? Why is leadership important in the business of sports?
- How do you think leadership in the National Basketball Association handled the challenges they faced this last season?
- Is the NBA a product?
- Why is it important for a sports business to offer a quality product for fans and consumers?
- How is the NBA working to improve its product?
- Based on information from this news story, how might technology impact the NBA product in the upcoming season?
- What is virtual reality?
- Why do you think VR has been slow to be embraced by fans?
- How might technology create new opportunities for the league and its teams to generate revenue? Why is that important?