Disregard the NFL’s 20% drop in revenue during the pandemic-impacted 2020 season, to an average of $381 million per team. Forget that operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) plummeted to an average of $7.1 million a team, from $109 million the previous season. The fact is, money came raining down on the NFL over the past year, pushing the value of the average team up 14%, to $3.48 billion, the biggest gain in five years.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com.
- According to this story, what NFL team is currently the most valuable?
- What is revenue?
- How do you think NFL teams generate revenue?
- What are expenses?
- What do you think the biggest expense is for a NFL team?
- What is operating income?
- How is it possible that revenue and operating income dropped last year due to the impact of the pandemic, yet franchise values increased?