Philadelphia 76ers President of Business Operations Chris Heck discusses the 76ers new six-year jersey patch deal with Crypto.com and the upcoming NBA season.
Click here to watch the video on news.yahoo.com.
- What is crypto?
- What is sponsorship?
- How do brands determine which sports and entertainment properties to sponsor?
- What is a sponsorship inventory?
- What is a sponsorship package?
- Why do you think Crypto.com would want to place their logo on the 76ers uniforms?
- In addition to the jersey patch, what else might Crypto.com’s sponsorship deal with the 76ers include?
- What is a NFT?
- Why do you think sports and entertainment brands are expirimenting with offering NFTs?
- Your textbook describes the paradox of commercializaton. What does that mean?
- How might consumer attitudes toward over commercialization in sports be shifting according to this video?
- Do you think we will see a second jersey patch on NBA jerseys anytime soon? What about on shorts? How do you think fans might respond if that happens?
- What is leadership in the business of sports?
- How might strong leadership be important when making decisions like whether to partner with a Crypto company or allow teams to place advertising on uniforms? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.