Automakers — historically among the largest Super Bowl advertisers — are mostly bypassing this Sunday’s NFL championship game to preserve cash or spend ad dollars elsewhere.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is distribution?
- What is supply chain?
- What does supply chain have to do with distribution?
- Historically, auto brands are some of the biggest spenders on advertising during the Super Bowl. Why do you think that is?
- According to this story, what are two reasons why automakers chose not to advertise during the Super Bowl?
- What impact might current economic conditions have played in the decision-making process?
- As more auto makers invest billions in electric vehicles, why might marketing be important?
- If they aren’t advertising during the big game, where else might they be spending their ad dollars?
- According to what you learned in this news story, which brands will be advertising during the game?
- Might that give them a competitive advantage with so many other brands electing to not advertise during the game? Why or why not?
- How much impact do you think supply chain had on auto brands deciding against advertising during the Super Bowl?
- Do you think automakers will be back as advertisers next year? Why or why not?
- Why is Porsche advertising in collaboration with Paramount?