Mattel Inc is partnering with 5-Minute Crafts to give Barbie something to do during the quarantine.
With many consumers still contending with some degree of pandemic-inspired social isolating. Mattel recognized that demand for DIY and craft content continues to increase exponentially, especially since many summer camps for kids are closed.
Click here to read the story from mediapost.com.
Questions for Classroom Discussion
- What is content marketing?
- Why is content marketing important to brands like Barbie?
- How does this story demonstrate the concept of content marketing?
- The article suggests that Barbie marketers hoped to engage consumers during quarantine. What does that mean?
- Based on information from this story, has Barbie managed to successfully engage consumers through the brand’s YouTube channel?