On Thursday, E.l.f. Beauty announced that “White Lotus” star Jennifer Coolidge will be starring in its Super Bowl TV commercial that was co-written by the show’s creator, Mike White.
Click here to read the story at glossy.co.
- What is influencer marketing?
- What is celebrity endorsement?
- What is the difference between the two?
- Which best describes Jennifer Coolidge’s relationship with E.l.f. Beauty?
- What is advertising?
- What are the different forms of advertising?
- What might be an advantage or benefit of TV advertising?
- What might be a disadvantage?
- Why do you think E.l.f. would want to feature Jennifer Coolidge in their Super Bowl commercial?
- Why do you think E.l.f. would invest millions to advertise during the Super Bowl?
- What is a brand?
- How would you describe the E.l.f. brand?
- What is positioning?
- E.l.f. describes itself as “an entertainment company that also sells makeup and skin care.” What does that mean and how might that represent a positioning strategy?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, what is Fenty Beauty doing to tie into the Super Bowl from a marketing perspective?
- Why do you think they want to have a presence during the Super Bowl?