Nineties fashion is back in a big way. Last year, Harry Styles wore a Clueless-inspired outfit for the Grammys. Y2K looks are all the rage with Gen Z fashionistas. And iconic ’90s bags like the nylon Prada backpack and the Dior saddle bag are selling like hotcakes on resale sites like Rebag.
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- What is an industry trend?
- How might this story represent a fashion industry trend?
- Why do you think ’90s fashion is so popular right now?
- Why is it important for marketing professionals in the fashion industry to monitor and evaluate industry trends?
- What other trends can you think of that might be popular in the fashion industry right now?
- What is a brand?
- What brands do you think of when you think of the ’90s?
- How do you think those brands might benefit from the ’90s fashion trend?
- Why do you think New York’s Museum of the Fashion Institute of Technology would open a ’90s fashion exhibit?
- How long do you think this trend will last? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.