Digital transformation has touched every industry and changed how we understand marketing and selling. With e-commerce at the forefront of our spending habits — in 2020, a $4.28 trillion habit — business and marketing strategy must also transform to accommodate this change. Because of this, I believe artificial intelligence (AI) is the next phase in digital transformation.
Click here to read the story at newsweek.com.
- How has technology influenced how companies sell their products and services?
- How has technology impacted marketing strategies?
- Specifically, how has digital impacted sales and marketing at retail?
- What is “proactive marketing” (as described in this news story)?
- What is AI?
- Based on information from this news story, how is AI being used most often?
- How might AI change the way businesses market and sell products in the future?
- If you were a retail operation, how might you use AI to promote and sell your products? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.