Certain brands are forever attached to a color scheme or particular typeface. Coca-Cola, for example, over the years has linked a bright red can with white cursive script to its classic soda. Even with the text in another language, the product is universally recognizable.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is brand awareness?
- Why is brand awareness important in marketing?
- Why do you think Coke enjoys such high levels of brand awareness?
- Given how recognizable Coke’s logo and soda cans are, why would they make any changes to the logo?
- Based on information from this story, what changes are they making?
- What is packaging as it relates to marketing and promotion?
- How do you think packaging can provide an opportunity for marketers?
- Based on information from this story, describe the new Coke can design.
- What do you think of the redesign? Be prepared to discuss your answer in class.