Kellogg’s wants you to add water to its new cereal. Really.
The company’s new “instabowls” look like traditional single-serve bowls — little tubs of cereal, designed to be eaten dry or with milk.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- Based on information from this story, describe Kellogg’s new “insta-bowls” product.
- Why do you think Kellogg’s created the new product?
- What is a brand?
- Is Kellogg’s a brand? Frosted Flakes? Froot Loops?
- How do you think Kellogg’s decided which varieties of cereal to offer?
- What is innovation?
- Is this an example of innovation? Why or why not?
- What is positioning?
- How would you describe Kellogg’s positioning strategy as it relates to its insta-bowls product?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent Kellogg’s target audience with this product?
- What is the price point for the insta-bowls?
- How do you think they determined the price point for this product?
- Would you try the new product? Why or why not?