Social media platforms can be breeding grounds for innovation and creative consumer engagement, particularly while live activations are limited during the pandemic. But they can also serve as sounding boards for negative feedback when campaigns miss the mark.
For instance, you might have heard about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese’s recent provocative call-to-action to “send noods” on social media in celebration of National Noodle Day.
Click here to read the story at chiefmarketer.com.
- What is publicity?
- Why is publicity important to brands like Kraft Macaroni & Cheese?
- Do you believe the idea that “no publicity is bad publicity”? Why or why not?
- What is promotion?
- Why do you think brands engage in promotional activities?
- Why do you think this social media promotion was controversial?
- Do you think this campaign generated negative publicity for the brand? Why or why not?
- What are ethics?
- Do you think this marketing tactic was unethical? Why or why not?