TikTok’s series of livestreams aims to highlight the social video app as a hub for showing off fashions, which has been the domain of rival app Instagram for the past decade. By offering exclusive programming with brands like Louis Vuitton and Puma, TikTok can build its audience of fashion buffs while demonstrating how brands can reach a younger audience whose growing spending power will shape the industry for years.
Click here to read the story from mobilemarketer.com.
Questions for Classroom Discussion
- What is New York Fashion Week? How might the event look a little differently this year amid the pandemic?
- What is TikTok Fashion Month?
- Why do you think New York Fashion Week and TikTok’s Fashion Month might be important to brands and retailers?
- According to this story, who is TikTok targeting with their Fashion Month programming?
- Based on information from this story, describe how Louis Vitton and Puma will be involved with TikTok’s Fashion Month.