McDonald’s new test restaurant near Fort Worth, Texas could be the future of fast-food operators: Instead of human workers handing you a bag at the drive-thru, an automatic conveyer belt brings your order to the window.
Click here to read the story at cbsnews.com.
- What is an automated store?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, describe McDonald’s new automated restaurant.
- Why do you think McDonald’s would want to open an automated restaurant?
- Why do you think McDonald’s only opened one automated restaurant?
- Why do businesses and brands test their products and services before rolling out national or international versions of those initiatives?
- What is the customer experience?
- How might the automation impact the customer experience?
- Why do you think some consumers aren’t loving the new automated concept?
- What do you personally think of the concept?
- In your opinion, is this the future of fast food and quick-serve restaurants? Why or why not?