The fast-food giant has tried many variations of the much-loved menu item, but its latest effort might be different enough to become a hit.
Click here to read the story at thestreet.com.
- What is product development?
- What is a product life cycle?
- At which stage of the life cycle is the McPizza?
- Why would McDonald’s be interested in adding a pizza item to its menu?
- McDonald’s has tried pizza items before but it hasn’t worked out. The author of this news story suggests this effort might be different enough to be a success. How?
- What is the marketing mix?
- How would the marketing mix apply to this news story?
- Why is an effective application of the marketing mix important to McDonald’s if it hopes to encourage consumers to try the new menu item?
- In your opinion, will the new menu item be popular with consumers? Why or why not?