Wendy’s announced earlier this week that it’s bringing back its iconic slogan: “Where’s the Beef?”
Click here to read the story at thedrum.com.
- What is advertising?
- What is branding?
- What is a slogan?
- What does a slogan have to do with branding?
- Why do you think businesses use slogans in advertising?
- The article suggests Wendy’s ‘Where’s the Beef?’ is an iconic slogan. What does that mean?
- What makes the slogan iconic?
- What message were they communicating to consumers with that slogan?
- What is differentiation?
- How might that demonstrate the concept of differentiation?
- Why do you think Wendy’s brought the slogan back?
- What is nostalgia marketing?
- What is an industry trend?
- Why do you think nostalgia marketing is such a popular trend in marketing right now?
- Why do you think Wendy’s wants to reach a younger audience?
- Do you think there is any risk associated with bringing back an old slogan?
- Do you think the new campaign will resonate with a younger audience? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.