Sneakers designed to feel like running barefoot used to be the hottest phenomenon in exercise. Now, the opposite is true. The ugliest, chunkiest sneaker brand is flying off the shelves.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is product development?
- What factors did Hoka consider in the development of their running shoe products, according to this news story?
- What is product positioning?
- What is a differentiation strategy?
- How would you describe Hoka’s positioning strategy?
- What might be the brand’s point of differentiation?
- What does it mean for a brand or product to carve out a “niche” in a particular market?
- According to this news story, how did Hoka carve out a niche in the running market?
- How did that eventually help to fuel the brand’s sales?
- According to this story, how does the brand plan to continue its growth?
- What is a brand?
- How would you describe the Hoka brand?