Do you think star athletes are the only ones forming “Super Teams”? Well think again! Ohio University and Sports Career Consulting have joined forces as an educational Super Team to provide an amazing opportunity for any student interested in a career in sports. As two of the most respected brands in sports business education, we teamed up to offer high school students the chance to earn a Business of Sports industry certification.
In this course, you will learn the basics of the business of sports along with all an understanding of all the possibilities a career in sports has to offer, putting them in position to pursue their dream job.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS COURSE:
- Key sports business concepts
- The sport product
- Ticket sales and sponsorship
- Broadcast and media rights
- Sports marketing and advertising
- Economic impact
- Sport sales, service and promotion
- Branding and licensing
- Career exploration and career prep
- Recognize the wide variety of career opportunities in the sport industry
- Understand how to begin preparing for pursuing your dream job in sport
- Develop a competitive advantage over other job seekers
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Determine if a career in sports is right for you
- Impress future employers with a resume that demonstrates a fundamental understanding of key sports business concepts
- Download and print a hard copy of your Business of Sports certificate to take to interviews
- Add your digital badge to your online profile (and LinkedIn)
- Recognize the various potential career paths available to job seekers
- Begin developing your personal brand in a way that will demonstrate to potential employers that you are an “MVP” candidate!
- Learn how to build your professional profile online along with important networking skills
- Opportunity to join an exclusive LinkedIn group, open only to students who have earned the Business of Sports industry certification