Adidas has entered yet another legal battle over its three-striped design, despite a history of mixed success in suing ‘similar’ brand logos.
Click here to read the story at creativebloq.com.
- What is a brand?
- What does it mean to “protect” a brand?
- Why do you think it is important for a business like Adidas to protect their brand?
- What is a trademark?
- How might a trademark help a company to protect its brand?
- Why is Adidas suing LIV Golf?
- According to this story, what is Adidas claiming about LIV Golf’s logo?
- In your opinion, are the two logos “confusingly” similar? Why or why not?
- Adidas is notoriously aggressive in suing other brands for trademark infringement when it comes to their iconic three-stripe logo. Why do you think that might be?
- In your opinion, will Adidas’ image or brand reputation be damaged if they lose this case? Why or why not?
- How might LIV Golf be impacted if they were to lose the case? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.