BioSteel Sports Nutrition Inc. (“BioSteel”) today announced a series of multi-year partnerships that expand its growing presence in the National Hockey League (NHL®) and name the brand the new Official Sports Hydration Partner of six franchises: the Anaheim Ducks, Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins and Tampa Bay Lightning.
Click here to read the story at prnewswire.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do businesses and brands sponsor sports teams?
- How do you think they determine which sports teams to sponsor?
- What is a sponsorship category?
- What type of business is BioSteel Sports Nutrition?
- Why would BioSteel be interested in becoming the “Official Sports Hydration Partner” of a NHL hockey franchise?
- What does exclusivity mean as it relates to sponsorship?
- Which NHL teams did BioSteel partner with?
- Why do you think they chose to partner with those teams?
- What do you think they hope to accomplish with these sponsorship deals?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is it important?
- How is BioSteel activating these NHL sponsorships? Be prepared to provide specific examples, based on what you learned in this news story.