One day after the NCAA announced president Mark Emmert will step down by 2023, several high-ranking leaders throughout college athletics on Wednesday agreed it’s the right time to find a new leader, but the position is as ambiguous as the future of the organization itself.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is leadership?
- Do all leaders lead in the same way?
- Why is leadership important in the business of sports and entertainment?
- Why is leadership important to the NCAA?
- Why do you think many high-ranking leaders throughout college sports feel it is time for new leadership at the NCAA?
- The position of NCAA president was described in this news story as an unenviable one. Why?
- What challenges might the new NCAA president face?
- What characteristics might be important to consider when hiring a new president? Why?