In July 2021, name, image, and likeness (NIL) rules and laws opened the door for college athletes to make money for the first time. It did not take long for them, or brands, to capitalize.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is NIL?
- Why is NIL such a big deal?
- Do you think colleges should pay student athletes?
- Why should the NCAA pay its athletes? All athletes?
- If they don’t pay all athletes, how would a program determine which athletes to pay?
- Why would a brand want to align with a college athlete?
- Which athletes appeal to a brand?
- Based on this story, which college basketball players are the most marketable?
- What makes them marketable?
- Which college athlete would you consider partnering with if you were responsible for marketing your favorite brand? Why?