On Feb. 2, 2022, the Washington Football Team officially became the Washington Commanders.
Now, over a year later, the Commanders may be heading toward another name change.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is branding?
- What is rebranding?
- What is crisis management?
- Why did the Washington Footbal Team rebrand as the Commanders and how might that illustrate the concept of crisis management?
- What does it mean to protect a brand?
- Why is it important for sports teams to protect the brand?
- What is a trademark?
- How do trademarks help to protect a brand?
- Why do you think the Washington Football Team would rebrand without a trademark?
- Why was the team denied a trademark, based on what you learned from this news story?
- Do you think the team will rebrand again? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, should the team rebrand? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.