* Note to current subscribers to SCC’s Education Resource Center subscribers, you might consider downloading the “State of NIL” activity bundle to help augment your discussion of this news story in class! The resource is available by visiting the “Bonus Content” subscription link on your account page.
Oregon State is about to turbo-charge name, image and likeness opportunities for its athletes.
Click here to read the story at oregonlive.com.
- What is NIL?
- Why is NIL important to college athletes?
- How do you think NIL impacts college sports as a whole?
- What impact might it have on the future of college sports?
- Why would a brand be interested in a NIL deal with a college athlete?
- What types of brands might be interested in NIL partnerships?
- What is a collective as it relates to NIL?
- Why do brands form collectives?
- How do athletes benefit from these collectives?
- How might a school athletics program benefit?
- What is Oregon State doing in terms of forming a collective?
- How do you think the program might benefit from the new collective? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.