Walt Disney’s convoluted flow chart of revenue streams is getting a new addition.
Earlier this month, Disney released the first batch of trading cards from its upcoming game, “Lorcana,” and they’re already fetching $2k+ on the resale market, per Polygon.
Click here to read the story at thehustle.co.
- What is fandom?
- What is a brand?
- What is brand loyalty?
- How might fandom and brand loyalty help Disney’s move into trading cards to be successful?
- Why do you think Disney is moving into trading cards?
- How did the pandemic impact the trading cards business, according to this news story?
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to any entertainment company?
- How might the move into trading cards help Disney to generate revenue?
- What are collectibles?
- Do you think Disney’s trading cards will be popular collectibles? Why or why not?
- What is brand extension?
- What is Lorcana?
- How might Lorcana represent a Disney brand extension?