When we were smack in the middle of the barren sports landscape of April and May, it seemed natural to assume that the hunger to watch big events would build to a crescendo when they finally came back. With no options other than classic games or documentaries, the only salvation was the promise of a fall cornucopia to give us our sports fix and then some.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What are ratings?
- Why are ratings important to a sports league like the NFL?
- Why are ratings important to a league’s broadcast partners?
- Why are ratings important to advertisers?
- Why do you think broadcast companies invest so much money in the rights to live sports?
- According to information from this story, what might one reason be that ratings are down for most sports right now?
- If you were a sports league like the NFL, would you be worried about a decline in ratings? Why or why not?