Fox Nation, the streaming service owned by Fox News, is betting on NASCAR to boost its streaming fortunes (and its subscriber base).
The streaming service is sponsoring the car of Spire Motorsports and its Number 77 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, which will feature a Fox Nation graphics package as it circles the track at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 20.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and entertainment and marketing through sports and entertainment?
- How might this story represent an example of both?
- Why are subscribers important to a streaming service like Fox Nation?
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor?
- How do you think brands determine which sports and entertainment properties to sponsor?
- Why do you think Fox chose to sponsor a car at the Daytona 500?
- How might the Daytona 500 sponsorship and programming help to boost streaming numbers for the service?