Netflix is trying to turn its hit Squid Game series into a fashion hit too. Earlier this week, the streaming giant added Squid Game apparel—T-shirts and hoodies—to its fledgling Netflix online store.
Click here to read the story at fortune.com.
- What is branded merchandise?
- Why do you think Netflix sells branded merchandise?
- According to this story, what other Netflix shows are featured in its online store?
- What is pricing?
- Why is pricing an important function of marketing?
- How has Netflix approached pricing at this point for its merchandise?
- In your opinion, are they at the right price point? Why or why not?
- How big of an opportunity do you think ‘Squid Game’ merchandise might be for Netflix?
- What is licensing?
- How might Netflix make money through licensing of ‘Squid Game’ related merchandise?
- If you were to make your own ‘Squid Game’ themed t-shirts, could you legally sell them without a license?
- If you did have a license from Netflix to sell ‘Squid Game’ themed merchandise, would you be a licensee or a licensor?
- If you were to sell ‘Squid Game’ licensed goods, what type of merchandise might you offer? Where would you sell it?