Fox Sports has embarked on its largest marketing campaign in network history ahead of the 2022 FIFA Men’s World Cup in Qatar, which begins Sunday.
Click here to read the story at adweek.com.
- What are broadcast rights?
- Why did Fox invest billions in the rights to broadcast the World Cup?
- Why is it important to Fox to maximize the numbers of viewers for World Cup matches?
- How do media companies measure the number of viewers on live television?
- Why is the World Cup being held this year in November instead of the summer when the event usually takes place?
- What is advertising?
- Why are ratings important to advertisers?
- What is OOH advertising?
- Is a presence in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade an example of OOH advertising? Why or why not?
- How does the Macy’s parade illustrate the concept of event marketing?
- Why would Fox want a World Cup-themed presence at this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
- Based on information from this story, describe the snow globe marketing stunt. What do you think they hope to accomplish from a marketing perspective?
- What is influencer marketing?
- Why might influencer marketing be important to Fox as part of its World Cup push?
- Describe Fox’s influencer marketing strategy (based on what you learned in this news story).
- Will you watch any World Cup matches this year? If now, is there something Fox could do from a marketing perspective that would change your mind?