The idea that forever changed Super Bowl halftimes struck Jay Coleman while watching Snoopy conduct a marching band and Charlie Brown twirl a baton.
Click here to read the story at sports.yahoo.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- What is sponsorship inventory?
- How does the Super Bowl halftime show represent an example of sponsorship inventory?
- Based on information from this story, how did Michael Jackson and ‘In Living Color’ change Super Bowl halftime shows forever?
- How do you think that changed the value of sponsoring the event?
- Who currently sponsors the Super Bowl halftime show?
- Who is performing at this year’s halftime show?
- Halftime performers do not get paid by the NFL. Why do you think entertainers still choose to perform at halftime even if they aren’t directly compensated by the league?
- Do you look forward to the halftime show? Why might that matter to marketers?