The marketing for Disney and 20th Studios’ “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” got off to a strong start with 75 million views in 24 hours across platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, X/Twitter and more, Variety has learned.
Click here to read the story at variety.com.
- What is publicity?
- What is a film trailer?
- How do you think film trailers help a studio to generate publicity leading up to a movie’s release?
- What is a brand?
- What is brand strength?
- Do you think Disney has a strong brand? Why or why not?
- According to this story, how many times was the trailer viewed on social media in the week with the launch of the film’s first trailer and tease?
- How might that help to give an indication of interest in the film?
- How do you think the strength of Disney’s brand and its marketing muscle helped to drive the millions of social media views of the “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” trailer?
- What is a franchise in the entertainment industry?
- What is fandom?
- How do you think the fandom behind Planet of the Apes franchise helped to drive enough interest that drew so many views of the trailer?
- What is social media marketing?
- Why is it important to track the effectiveness of a social media campaign?
- What is “engagement” from a social media marketing perspective?
- What is an example of engagement on social media?
- According to this story, when will “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” open in theaters?
- Based on that date, why do you think Disney is already dropping a trailer on social media?