The LA Clippers’ partnership with Honey has reached new levels; the LA-based tech company is now the official jersey sponsor of the Clippers.
For those who need a refresher, the Clippers previously engaged in a multi-year sponsorship in 2018 with the app Bumble as their jersey sponsor. Throughout that two year span, Honey has found themselves increasingly a part of the Clippers’ presence.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports teams?
- What type of business is Honey?
- Have you heard of the company before reading this news story?
- Why would the Clippers put a company’s logo on their jerseys?
- Why do you think Honey would want their logo on the Clippers jerseys?
- Lesson 2.7 of your textbook discussses the paradox of commercialism. What does that mean?
- How does this story represent the concept of the paradox of commercialism?
- Based on that concept, do you think there is any risk for Honey by placing their logo on the jersey of a NBA team? Why or why not?