There’s that cliche that sports fans “eat, sleep and breathe” their team. Lay’s has made it possible for fans to take that first part literally with its new, special edition chips made using potatoes grown in soil from NFL stadiums.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promomarketing.com.
- What is fandom?
- How do you think fandom plays into the demand for this particular product?
- What is publicity?
- How might this promotion generate publicity for Lay’s potato chips?
- Why might that be important in the lead up to the Super Bowl?
- What is promotion?
- What are the different types of promotion?
- What type of promotion best describes a “special edition” product offering like this one from Lay’s potato chips?
- How is Lay’s using social media as part of this promotion?
- Why do you think social is important to the success of this promotion? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.