Six years after unveiling a new uniform, it looks like the Detroit Lions are at it again. Team president Rod Wood revealed this week that the Lions are planning some major uniform changes over the next two seasons.
Click here to read the story at cbssports.com.
- What is branding?
- What is rebranding?
- Do you think this represents an example of rebranding? Why or why not?
- Why do you think the Lions are unveiling more uniform changes, despite having introduced a new uniforms six years ago?
- How often do you think teams should introduce new uniforms?
- Why do you think Nike will be involved in the design of the new alternate helmet and uniform overhaul?
- What is merchandising?
- Why is merchandising important to a sports franchise like the Lions?
- Why is it important to Nike?
- How might new helmets and uniforms impact the Lions from a merchandising perspective?