Glass ceilings and the Space Needle, the 19th Amendment and “Equality.” As part of the WNBA’s 25th anniversary season in 2021, players will wear new Nike jerseys with individual messages and city-specific flourishes for each of the 12 teams.
On Thursday, Nike unveiled the collection, which adds a highly anticipated third jersey option (Rebel Edition) to the teams’ Heroine Edition (home) and Explorer Edition (away) uniforms.
Click here to read the story at ESPN.com.
- What is branding?
- How might this story represent the concept of branding?
- Why do you think Nike creates alternative uniforms like this WNBA collection?
- Why do you think the WNBA would introduce new jerseys as part of the league’s 25th anniversary season?
- Why do you think some jerseys will feature individual messages?
- What are “city edition” uniforms? Why do you think NBA and WNBA teams introduce “city edition” collections?
- Nike unveiled a third jersey option (Rebel Edition, Heroine Edition and Explorer Edition) for this season. In your opinion, is there a risk of offering too many alternate uniforms? Why or why not?