It’s been about 10 years since I transplanted to Louisville from Northwest Ohio and what I can tell you about my “newish” city is this – few things matter more here than the Kentucky Derby.
Click here to read the story at nrn.com.
- What is economic impact?
- How is economic impact typically measured?
- When is an economic impact study conducted?
- What is a mega event?
- How do mega events like the Kentucky Derby impact local economies?
- What are “direct effects” as it relates to economic impact?
- What are “indirect effects”?
- What is one example of a direct effect on the Louisville area economy during the Kentucky Derby?
- What is one example of an indirect effect on the Louisville area economy during the Kentucky Derby?
- According to this story, what types of businesses see the greatest impact? Why do you think that is?